I. Fill in the blanks with the following words and expression in their proper forms.
fault， inevitably， coincidence，availability，assurance，be stuck with，seek out，lay off，better off，cover
1. The selling price barely ____ the cost of the raw materials.
2. Is it a ____ that the wife of the man who designed the competition won the first prize?
3. She was much ____ when she got promoted，and even had enough money to buy a new car.
4. Dr Hart didn’t have the ____ to lecture interestingly to so many students.
5. Profits are down and the ____ lies in bad management.
6. While he was at the library he decided to ____ some information on accommodation in the area.
7. Abortion rates are high because the ____ of contraceptives(避孕药物) is limited.
8. 500 workers were ____ when the factory was closed after the fire.
9. This decision will ____ result in more crimes and more victims.
10. In the factory，Jim ____ always ____ dirty work.
II. Translate the following sentences into English，using the words or expressions given in brackets.
3. 语言学家们认为，人类现代的语言一点也不比早期的语言复杂。(no more)
III. Translate the following sentences into Chinese.
1. In many respects international trade is no different from domestic trade.
2. In the American offered dollars in payment for the car，the auto manufacturer would be stuck with money that no small Japanese shop would accept.
3. The complications of international trade arise because two parties use different monies.
4. Their ability to import goods in the future may be as important as economic efficiency and full employment in the present.
5. Over the past two centuries，a number of international monetary systems have been set up to deal with these questions.
Write a summary of the reading passage in no less than 120 words.
I.1.covered/covers 2.coincidence 3.better off 4.assurance 5.fault 6.seek out 7.availability 8.laid off 9.inevitably 10.is …stuck with
II. 1. The accident was a sheer coincidence .
2. He specializes in foreign trade .
3. According to linguists, modern language of the human being is no more complicated than its early language .
4. In spite of the economists’ assurances that international trade will facilitate economic development, each country is more concerned about employment and income .
5. The interest of some countries inevitably conflict with those others .
III. 1. 在许多方面，国际贸易和国内贸易没有什么不同。