Part I Dialogue Completion (15 points)
Directions: There are 15 short incomplete dialogues in this part, each followed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best one to complete the dialogue and mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. Tim: How was your trip to London?
A. Marvelous B. Very kind of you
C. Not necessarily D. Quite excited
2. Ed: Are you going to watch the football match tomorrow morning?
A. Thank you B. See you then
C. Yes, of course D. No, go ahead
3. Mr. Williams: Excuse me. Can you tell me the way to the nearest post office?
A. Of course you can
B. You’re welcome
C. You must take it
D. Go straight and then turn left
4. Mike: Hello, may I speak to Jane?
Jane: ________ Who’s that, please?
A. Yes, she is B. You are right
C. Yes, you may D. Speaking
5. John: Guess what! I met an old school friend in the street just now.
Larry: ________ I’m sure both of you should be very glad.
A. Sounds a good idea. B. Don’t mention it.
C. All right. D. How nice!
6. Jane: Do you mind if I park here?
Brett: _________. Look at the sign here: “No Parking”.
A. Of course not B. I’d rather you didn’t
C. Help yourself D. That’s right
7. A man: _________. A car is coming.
A woman: How dangerous! Thank you very much for telling me.
A. Hurry up B. Look out
C. Take it easy D. Take your time
8. Joan: Don’t forget to pass on the message to my teacher.
A. No, I won’t B. I don’t think so
C. Sorry, I wouldn’t D. Yes, I will
9. Elaine: I’ve made up mind to go abroad next year. ________?
Carol: Well, I haven’t decided it yet.
A. What about you
B. How do you like it
C. Something about you
D. Can you tell me yours
10. Mark: I didn’t go to the basketball match yesterday.
James: _________. It was really exciting.
A. Don’t worry B. Don’t hurry
C. What a pity D. How wonderful
11. Jack: Sorry, My mother isn’t in. Shall she give you a return call when she comes back?
Mike: _____. My number is 5752370.
A. No, thanks B. Yes, please C. Thank you D. That’s it
12.Mary: Goodbye, Martin, remember me to your parents.
A. That’s all right B. Thanks, I will
C. Let me see D. That’s a good idea
13. Johnson: I'm sorry I broke your cup.
James: Oh, really? .
A. It's OK with me B. It doesn't matter
C. Don't be sorry D. I don't think so
14. Virginia: What do you think of your new job?
A. Don’t mention it B. Good idea.
C. Yes, it is D. I like it very much.
15. Lily: Could you please spare me a few minutes?
Jane: _______, but you’d better be brief.
A. I’m sorry B. Go ahead
C. Excuse me D. I hope so